Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Use Your Hand Campaign

Today, we had the Use Your Hand Campaign.

I'm very surprised and impressed that the children were just so eager to clean up the classroom.
Look at them go!
Yong Kang cleaning the windows

The back of the shelves was atrocious!
'Okay, let's push the shelves back!'

Battle with the blue-tack:
Warriors Jia Le and Amir

Female warriors Yuen Qing and Keng Yee

Warrior Jacqy

Warrior Kai Sheng
Jeeva and David sure know their stuff at sweeping

Jennifer exploring the books discovered during the spring cleaning

Leon reaching for a higher level

Zun Hong and Zafranshah cleaning the library

Betty smiling despite her 'dirty job'

Regina and Wilmer wiping the dusty shelves

Xiang Qi cleaning the windows

'Look at the amount of blue-tack we got from the wall!'
Well done, children!

5 comments:

  1. I encourage school to implement this cleaning activity for each of them. From my knowledge, students in malaysia did have their cleaning roster to take care the cleanliness in their classroom. As a parent, i think it helps to create a more conducive environment and build up team work for our next generation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The school did use to have such weekly duty for each child in the past. However, due to some other concerns, the school has forbidden students to remain in the classroom during recess. I do agree that getting children to perform a weekly duty has various benefits. Let's hope that the school can find a way to resolve issues that interfere with such an activity so that we can see 'Duty Roster' making a comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be great if I can know who I'm responding to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs Sam,

    Thank you very much for your quick reply. I fully understand the reason of no 'duty roster' now.

    I am a working mother. I read through this blog and get to know my son's activies and status in school. This was really a good idea to create this blog. I hope all form teachers will create this for their class?

    This is the last week for P3 Conscientious 2009...I wanna take this opportunity to say BIG 'THANK YOU' to your contribution in this class.

    Again, thank you.

    Regards
    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kelly,

    Thanks for identifying yourself!

    It's always a pleasure for me to be able to clarify doubts and uncertainties.

    The main purpose of the blog is to provide some form of transparency into our children's school life and activities so that parents are able to be updated on some of the things that the children are doing.

    It may not be feasible for all form teachers to create a blog for their classes because some classes have a large number of children who do not have internet access or even a computer. I myself looked at the profile of the class before deciding if I could set up a blog for the children and parents. If the majority of the children and parents are not going to look at the blog, then there's really not much point in setting up one.

    Thanks for supporting the blog and playing an active role in your child's studies, despite being a working mother!

    ReplyDelete