Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Conscientious Environment Monitors

I simply must put up this beautiful Recycling Box brought back by Yong Kang, one of the Environment Monitors, for all to see. Credit goes to his creative mother.

It went home with Yong Kang a plain old beaten box, and it came back in a splendour of stunning beauty -in just one day. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it.

The body of the box is made of old magazine pages rolled into pencil-like shapes, long and short, of even, consistent thickness.


The cover and sides are sprinkled with pretty, colourful stars made of plastic straws

The butterfly is made of a used tin can. The wings are actually tin strips weaved together. Isn't that remarkable?

Inside the box are recyclable items contributed by Jonathan, another Environment Monitor.
I only have one word for all the efforts put in by my Environment Monitors:
'WOW!"

No comments:

Post a Comment